Blog Archives


Find the latest blogs from our team and many other professionals in the design consultancy and corporate branding industry

Twitter - from a Twitter virgin

4.7.11
Is it really all it's tweeted up to be?




After resisting for ages, I've finally acceded to my more 'socially engaged' colleagues (who, at times appear to live on Twitter). Yes, that ubiquitous little blue bird has finally made it on to our website site. We've now got Twitter and we_are_sanders is up and running at sanders-design.com

What about me? A Twitter virgin. I guess I shouldn't admit to this publicly, but the younger members of the team here at sanders have taken me aside, sat me down and tried to explain how it all works and the etiquette involved. But to be honest I'm still not quite sure I get it.

You have to appreciate, this is coming from someone who always ensures that his text messages contain the correct grammar, spelling and punctuation (my daughter thinks I'm mad).

I just find the whole transient, throw away nature of this method of social interaction very difficult to engage with. To be honest, I've got better things to do with my time than communicate at such a superficial level with people I hardly know in a language which assumes that we've been best buddies most of our lives.

But hey, I'm not one to pass up a challenge and I'll give it my best shot. lol :) 

Julian Sanders
Managing Director
Sanders

    

   
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home